Photo by MvanM
I thought it might be a fun idea to do the same kind of survey here, but in the context of songs we have sung ourselves – whether we learnt them from our Mum, at school or in a professional choir.
The kind of songs I’m thinking of might be:
- the first song you remember hearing
- the song you like singing the most
- the song that you’d really like to learn
- the song you most like to perform solo
- the first song you ever learnt be heart
- the song you’ve sung to a lover
To kick us off, here are a few of mine.
The first song I remember is my mother singing “Mama’s little baby loves shortening bread.”
One of the first songs I learnt was from schools radio and begins “This is the way the ladies ride”.
One of the songs I most like performing is “She moved through the fair”.
The song I like singing most in harmony with others is the Corsican song Terzini Guagnesi.
My favourite duet is to sing Cancion Mixteca.
Please leave a comment and share with us the songs that matter to you the most (and why).
I look forward to hearing them!